design

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Our Colored Rice Adventure


I made some Kool-Aide dyed rice for a play date we hosted.

I bought 15 pounds of rice at Kroger on sale.  I put 2.5 pounds of rice in a plastic bag with 1/3 cup of white vinegar and 2-3 packets of Kool-Aid.  Other blogs measured their Kool-Aid but I like to live on the edge.  I shook the bags until the color had gone throughout the rice and then let it dry on cookie sheets overnight.




I thought that it looked pretty laid out in bands, but of course the rice isn't for looking, it's for playing!



I did not take a picture of the mess!  That would scare you off of doing this activity.  They all had fun and the little bit of extra cleaning was worth it to see how much all the toddlers loved playing with the rice!

Though on the subject of mess,  I've heard horror stories of rice breaking vacuum cleaners so I swept most of it up and used the vacuum only for the last bits.  Most of it I used the hose attachment and only rolled up the last pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment